Reliability – This is whether, if you repeated the experiment, you would get the same results.
Validity – This is how far the findings of the research actually provide a true picture of what is being studied. Data can be reliable without being valid
Ethics – this is the morality of the of study. This involves:
- The sensitivities of those helping with their research.
- Finding reported should be accurately and honestly reported
- The physical, social and mental well-being of people who help shouldn’t be harmed
- The privacy of participants shouldn’t be invaded
- It should be clear what you are doing, why you are doing it and what you will do with the findings. This is “consent”